HELL Afterlife Pay - Promotion Terms & Conditions
1) Information on applying participate in the HELL Afterlife Pay promotion (Promotion) forms part of these terms and conditions (T&Cs).
3) The Promotion is promoted by The Depths LP trading as Hell Pizza, 123 Adelaide Road, Mount Cook, Wellington 6021, New Zealand (HELL).
4) To validly participate (and subject to these T&Cs) in the Promotion, Applicants must apply to register for Afterlife Pay at https://afterlife.hellpizza.nz/ by:
a) providing their first and last name and other personal information;
b) state the double HELL pizza (including any modifications or dietary requirements) the Applicant wants to pay for in the Afterlife (Pizza).
c) submit a declaration declaring that the Applicant (it’s Estate) will pay HELL for the Pizza in the Afterlife upon the Applicant’s death (subject to being a successful applicant); and
d) electronically sign the HELL version of a “codicil” to the Applicant’s Will (whether or not the Applicant has a Will).
5) Only applications received by HELL via the Afterlife Pay website, available here will be eligible to participate in the Promotion. Orders placed online (either on the HELL website or mobile application), by phone or in-person will not be eligible to participate.
6) Only available to Applicants in New Zealand.
7) Applicants must be legally eligible to make a Will (or a codicil to that Will) in New Zealand, therefore Applicants must be of sound mind and at least 18 years or older.
8) Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
9) Applicants who are:
a) employees of HELL or any of their holding or subsidiary companies or franchisee companies; and/or
b) members of the immediate families or households of any individual captured by clause 9a) above, are excluded from applying to participate in this Promotion.
10) The Promotion commences at 12.01am on Thursday 25 May 2023 and closes at 23.59pm on Saturday 17 June 2023 (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period and HELL accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected applications, regardless of cause.
11) Successful applicants of the Promotion (Winners) will be notified using the email address provided in their application, no later than 23.59pm on Tuesday 20 June 2023.
The fine print
12) HELL will randomly select 666 Winners to take part in its Afterlife Pay trial. As soon as practicable after selection, HELL will provide to each Winner, a unique Afterlife Pay code to use when acquiring the Pizza. The code will be valid for the Pizza applied for by the Applicant and valid from the day HELL notifies the Winner until the day the Applicant dies.
13) HELL reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from Applicants relevant to application or participation in the Promotion. Verification is at the discretion of HELL, whose decision is final. HELL reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who are otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the Promotion. If the Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit their chance to take part in the Promotion / claim the Pizza and no substitute will be offered.
14) Applicants acknowledge that nothing in these T&Cs should be purported as HELL providing financial or legal advice as to the Applicant’s affairs and/or succession planning whatsoever.
15) HELL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to:
a) to enforce the debt owed by the Applicant against their estate upon death; or
b) forgive any debt owed to it by the Applicant.
16) The Pizza is not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other goods/services. The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other promotion that HELL may be running concurrently.
17) The Pizza may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of a Winner.
18) If a Winner cannot be notified or cannot be verified (including where a Winner’s age or place of residence renders an Applicant ineligible to claim the Pizza) or is found to have otherwise breached any of these T&Cs, his/her/their selection as the Winner may be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected at HELL’s sole discretion. No compensation will be awarded to the forfeited.
19) The HELL version of a “codicil” won’t be enforced by HELL, but HELL reserves the right to put in place a binding document with the Winners.
20) All decisions of HELL are final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into.
The legal stuff
1) To the maximum extent permitted by law, HELL and its related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or cost or expenses suffered, incurred or sustained by any person arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion.
2) Details from all applications will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting the Promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Promotion) and for publicity purposes in relation to the Promotion. Applicants agree that HELL may, but is not required to, make information relating to the Winners available on HELL’s website and any other media platform, in connection with any publicity of the Promotion. Identities of Applicants and/or Winner will not be made available. By participating in the Promotion, Applicants consent to the use of their information as described. Applicants may access and/or change their information by emailing email@example.com.
3) Nothing in these T&Cs limits, excludes, modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, as well as any other consumer protections under the Fair Trading Act 1986 or any other similar consumer protection laws in New Zealand.
4) HELL reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary (in the sole discretion of HELL) to do so.
5) The law of New Zealand applies to these T&Cs and the Promotion contemplated by them. The New Zealand courts have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of these T&Cs and the Promotion contemplated by them.
6) If you have any questions email HELL at firstname.lastname@example.org.